In-depth knowledge of sterile processing procedures and the science of infection prevention are essential to help optimize the success of surgical procedures and patient outcomes. To keep our commitment to support best sterile processing practices to help reduce the risk of healthcare-associated infections (HAIs), the 3MSM Health Care Academy has a full library of self-study healthcare continuing education (CE) courses. These sterile processing CE courses are presented by experts who understand the challenges sterilization professionals face. Here are some of the sterile processing CE courses we have recently added:
IUSS – Follow the Standards or Get Cited!
- Review the most current AORN and AAMI standards and recommended practices relating to IUSS.
- Explain CMS’s Update of Survey and Certification Memorandum Regarding IUSS.
- Identify The Joint Commissions’ standards related to IUSS.
Water Quality for CSSD 101
- Review the general structure and content of AAMI/TIR34:2014 Water for the reprocessing of medical devices.
- Describe the importance of water quality and effective water treatment.
- Identify categories of water quality for medical device reprocessing.
- Define the selection of water quality.
- Explain water quality monitoring.
Sterilization and Disinfection in an ASC Setting
- Identify the latest requirements and guidelines from accrediting organizations specifically relating to reprocessing of medical devices.
- Describe key published standards and recommended practices for safe and effective reprocessing of reusable patient care items.
- List available resources that can help an ASC comply with best practice related to reprocessing of reusable medical devices.
What a Gas: A Review of Today’s Low Temperature Sterilization Options
- List the low temperature sterilization technologies that are available in the industry today.
- Describe how each of the low temperature sterilization technologies work.
- Recognize the benefits and limitations of each low temperature sterilization technology.
- Identify the factors to be considered for choosing a low temperature sterilization technology.
ST79 Essentials for ASCs
- Discuss AAMI ST79 and the need for the recommended practice.
- Discuss the different types of steam sterilization processes and cycle parameters.
- Describe the different types of sterilization monitoring devices, including PCDs.
- Describe routine load release for implants and non-implants.
We are always adding new self-study sterile processing CE courses to the online catalog, so be sure to save or bookmark the 3MSM Health Care Academy page. These courses are free and are 3M Health Care Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nurses CEP 5770 for one contact hour.