Ambulatory surgery centers may be smaller in size than a hospital, but they still have many of the same challenges. Healthcare professionals who work in ambulatory surgery centers are concerned about the complex challenges of infection control from admission through discharge.
3M Infection Prevention strives to provide the right solutions that ambulatory surgery centers need. The new 3MSM Health Care Academy goes even further to support continued education and training for nurses, sterilization technicians, and healthcare professions. We cover a wide range of useful topics including: healthcare acquired infections, surgical site infections, sterilization, as well as emerging issues in surgical settings.
Making it easy in taking healthcare continuing education (CE) courses is the core of our education model. To help you get the CE credits you need, we offer free self-study courses that you can take on your own. All healthcare CE webinars are 60 minutes in length and available for viewing at your convenience. See a complete list of our free, self-study CE webinars
Here are some recent ambulatory surgery center CE courses that you might find helpful:
Sterilization and Disinfection in an Ambulatory Surgery Center Setting
- Identify the latest requirements and guidelines from accrediting organizations specifically relating to reprocessing of medical devices.
- Describe key published standards and recommended practices for safe and effective reprocessing of reusable patient care items.
- List available resources that can help an ASC comply with best practice related to reprocessing of reusable medical devices.
ST79 Essentials for Ambulatory Surgery Centers
- Discuss AAMI ST79 and the need for the recommended practice.
- Discuss the different types of steam sterilization processes and cycle parameters.
- Describe the different types of sterilization monitoring devices, including PCDs.
- Describe routine load release for implants and non-implants.